After a decade of globetrotting adventures, bartending, and an International Studies BA in pocket, Dania Mossman came home to Hawaii to plant roots. She wanted to mix up some fun, fresh island cocktails in Oahu's event scene, which led to the launch of Tropical Moon as a cocktail catering company. She fell in love with so many facets of the creative world of weddings and events and with her knack for detail, organization and design, Dania soon became a Venue Manager and a Wedding Coordinator. When presented with the need for waitstaff she quickly assembled a professional team to serve as a compliment to island caterers. Tropical Moon Events has grown to become a multi-faceted company and brings all the tools needed to create simply amazing events in Hawaii's most beautiful outdoor venues. We have served Oahu since 2011, earning a reputation for impeccable detail and quality of service. Our hospitality services have since branched out as Star Bar Hawaii, and we've grown our team of talented coordinators and planners to help serve couples near and far. Our goal is to make planning fun and stress-free, and create incredible, memorable experiences for all to share. We are proud and blessed to work with a brilliant team, and so many amazing couples to create unforgettable events in Hawaii!
Founder + lead Consultant
- I'm originally from the North Shore of Oahu, but I've travelled the world over and lived in all the coldest places!
- I'm a singer and my husband is a drummer. When I'm not at weddings or being "mom" at home I'm singing with the band!
- I love stationary! A blank page and colored markers provide limitless possibilities...
- I'm a problem solver and I thrive on challenges. Where there's a will, there's always a way!
- Weddings are amazing in so many regards. Getting to be a part of a monumental event in someone's life, working with so many talented creatives and entrepreneurs, and seeing it all come together in an epic, magical experience is a constant source of inspiration for me!
- I think I'm the only person who has been married on the ice, in ice skates - IN HAWAII!
- I’m a huge movie buff - I can recite movies word for word, even with the sound OFF!
- Due to my height, I usually don’t meet the requirements to ride roller coasters. Which is okay, cause I’m afraid of heights!
Being over-prepared! Let's face it, things happen. When I'm prepared, and over-prepared, I’m able to tackle just about any situation that comes up!
I'm a hopeless romantic and a planner by nature, and I love seeing people happy. Assisting couples in making their special day come to life, allowing them to share memories that will last a lifetime for them, their family and friends is a great joy and inspiration for me. We all need more happiness & great memories!
planner + catering manager
Connie is a conduit of the Aloha Spirit and the first to be attentive to personalized details and connections. Since 2015, she has jumped on almost every position on the Tropical Moon team. Her most natural role is as Coordinator, where she can be sure that each little detail falls perfectly into place for our couples. She grew up riding horses and playing in the ocean on the North Shore of Oahu. She’s got impeccable style, and she loves to hand-make Haku Lei’s to share with her friends and family on special occasions. She was once a cake decorator and is also a seamstress which is an added bonus for those types of wedding details; “Aunty Aloha” has got you covered! Her favorite part of each wedding? “As the Bride walks down the Aisle, I look at the Groom to see the love in his eyes. The love story of how they met always touches my heart.”
"find a group of people who challenge & inspire you, spend a lot of time with them, and it will change your life forever"
- Amy Poehler (Actress, Comedian)
- I like to golf, play the piano, and practice my jump shot!
- Thinking on my feet :)
- Fundamentally, I just love a great party! On a beautiful day or night, when everyone is vibing and laughing, there is a special magic in the air. It is a delight to help clients experience this magic with their friends and loved ones.
Dania and her team were amazing! I was so impressed with the way our wedding turned out. First of all, the big things like timing, and people and vendor placement were spot on. But what really made me appreciate her and the team were the smallest details that we briefly discussed was visible everywhere! All the little things that meant the world to me were perfectly placed and creatively designed. I am so happy I chose Dania, but I knew from the beginning she was the one.
Photo by | Chelsea Stratso
We were thrilled with our experience with Tropical Moon Events! ... Quite to my surprise, from the moment Andrea and Dania stepped in I really didn't have anything left to do! They coordinated with all of our vendors, created an incredibly detailed timeline, helped manage some of my expectations, and generally were just lovely to work with...
The garden ceremony was perfectly magical and it wouldn't have happened without Andrea and Dania. They went above and beyond to pull off my dream wedding ... I am so grateful to them and I guarantee you will be too!
The team at Tropical Moon Events did an excellent job as day-of coordinators for my daughter's wedding at Waimea Valley, Oahu. They made sure everything was perfect, and kept the event running smoothly from beginning to end. The girls worked tirelessly, and were such fun to work with. Just delightful! They helped make the wedding magical, and the day one we'll remember fondly forever. Highly recommend.
I can’t express how amazing Dania and her staff were for my wedding! As someone in the wedding industry you can imagine I’d be picky ( which I am ) and all the details came out exactly how i wanted along with the most perfectly ran ceremony. I 100% recommend tropical moon events (and their bartending services) !